|Mitsuzane "Micchy" Kureshima|
|Homeworld||Earth (Zawame City)|
|Parents||Amagi Kureshima (father)|
|Weight||105 kg (100 kg; Kiwi Arms)|
|Main Weapon|| Budou Ryuhou|
|Alt Form|| Armored Rider Ryugen Kiwi Arms|
New Generation Rider Zangetsu Shin Melon Energy Arms
|Affiliation||Beat Riders, Team Gaim (formerly), Yggdrasil Corporation (formerly), Over Lord Inves (formerly), the sole Armored Rider of Zawame City (current), Samus Aran (current), Third Yggdrasil|
|Voice Actor||Mahiro Takasugi|
- "Mitsuzane... Behind that motivation and passion inside to protect others hides a misery of a troubled man. Both him and his brother Takatora ended up being betrayed by people who worked for them. Takatora was able to move on from his past as he continues to atone for his sins. But, Mitsuzane continued to keep his distance from those he had stabbed on the back. I never seen him get so angry so abruptly. Were there anyone found a shoulder to cry on for someone as troubled as that young Kureshima? I began to understand his pain deeper as much the brothers do understand my own..."
- ―Samus Aran, her thoughts on Mitsuzane.[src]
Little known about Mitsuzane, according to Adam, is that he and Takatora were both corrupted by their father's ambitions; in a sense they are willing hurt people and sacrifice everything to further their selfish goals.
At the beginning of Metroid: Kamen Rider Generations, he and Takatora found Samus Aran in the Planet of Helheim where she is thought to be invading the planet when he hears Kouta's distress call. Mitsuzane is also Samus's love interest in the said story, he along with his brother are the representing Riders for Kamen Rider Gaim.
For all the canonical information of this character, see Mitsuzane Kureshima at Kamen Rider Wiki.
- "I shouldn't be alive... Unless it was for a reason."
- ―Mitsuzane's catchphrase he heard from a certain movie.
Mitsuzane is a lonely and complex person with a tragic past; as his life after the destruction of Helheim left him a wounded soul that has gone so much suffering due to betraying his friends and his brother Takatora; whom he nearly killed. When both brothers began their road to redemption, Mitsuzane continued on to carry his friend's will to protect others as the only known Armored Rider in Zawame City.
On the exterior, Mitsuzane is a no-nonsense and carefree person, and he has a dry sense of humor, to the point of being prone to make deadpan snarks. Mitsuzane appears more emotional and reserved rather than calculated all throughout the story, the only remarkable trait in the story is his great capacity of emotions and tends to muse with his own self-hatred because of his past. This self-hatred also lead Mitsuzane to be suicidal, disregarding his own life and believes that he deserves death, specially in his own way of rectifying his mistakes. Because of his emotional side, it made Samus to warm up to others and understand her own emotions, and Mitsuzane himself acts as the bounty hunter's moral conscience. He would usually butt heads with Go Shijima which is most likely for Samus's affection.
Mitsuzane also had a drive to prove himself worthy, while keeping the efforts to reap on his past actions; Mitsuzane eventually earns the love and affection of the bounty hunter, allowing Samus to learn how to love and show affection like a true human being. Needless to say, besides Kouta, his loyalty towards Samus exceeds beyond than the former.
Before the events of the story and two months after the Helheim Invasion, Mitsuzane is also revealed to have a very serious alcohol problem. It is his self-destructive tendencies, Kouta and Mai's deaths and isolation from the rest of those close to him that made him greedy for liquor, he once confided to Go that he has consumed two bottles of whiskey right in front of Takatora, much to his older brother's chagrin. This addiction has morbidly affected his reasoning, making him a violent and moody drunk which gets him into a lot of trouble. Ultimately, he once again asked his brother's help to overcome his addiction once he is absolved to redeem himself. As he finally ages to 20, Mitsuzane finally controls his drinking habit, but it does not stop him from being greedy for alcohol. Despite letting his addiction relapsing compulsively, he manages to sober himself out of sheer force of will. In some instances, he and his brother would usually have drinking session, most notably the first time when Samus and the brothers established Third Yggdrasil.
Powers and Abilities Edit
- Peak Human Durability
- While being trained by Samus, Mitsuzane undergoes peak human conditioning. As a result, Mitsuzane is capable of withstanding almost every punishment he could take from his opponents.
- Indomitable Will
- A trait shared with his former Beat Rider ally, Kaito Kumon; as well as Kouta Kazuraba. Mitsuzane refuses to have his mind corrupted by any form of temptation. As with his durability above, he will refuse to yield against his opponents. In addition, his loyalty to Samus rooted this.
- Synchronization (to Samus Aran)
- After the party encountered the Heart Roidmude, leading to both Samus and Mitsuzane's strong feelings towards one another are linked. Both can experience each others pain if any harm is inflicted to either two.
- Medium Awareness and Fourth Wall Observance
- Much like Go, who is very constant in breaking the fourth wall. Mitsuzane is very keen at the fourth wall; he will likely sense any instances when Go mentions anything outside of the Kamen Rider series, thus he and Samus coined Go as the "Kamen Rider with a Mouth".
- (to Go about his alcohol problems) "I began asking myself several times while in a state of drunken stupor and saying this to myself - 'I shouldn't be alive. I have no reason to forgive myself.' I did MANY horrible things to my friends, to my own brother, and to the entire world... All I can do is drink, drink, and DRINK even more to see how miserable I am."
- Despite the fact that both Mitsuzane and Takatora are surrogate siblings to Samus, Samus herself appears taller than either of brothers. As Samus' height without her suit is 1.9cm (6'3"), theoretically if in comparison to Mahiro Takasugi, Mitsuzane's actor who is 1.7cm (5'7") along with Yuki Kubota, Takatora's actor who is in 1.8 (5'10").
- His relationship towards Samus reflects back to Joey Apronika from the Samus and Joey manga series. Samus further took note of this in chapter 13.
- The way Mitsuzane (as either Ryugen or Zangetsu Shin) utilizes Samus's Paralyzer Pistol in its Plasma Whip and Light Saber modes is similar to Kamen Rider Saga/Dark Kiva's Jacorder and Kamen Rider Black RX's Revolcane respectively.
- Also, Mitsuzane's usage of the Plasma Whip is a combination of the Grapple Beam from Super Metroid, Grapple Lasso/Voltage/Hyper Grapple from Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.
- Keeping with the fact that Samus being adopted by Takatora and Mitsuzane being similar to Kotaro Minami by the Sahara Family from Kamen Rider Black RX, Mitsuzane's equivalents are Shigeru Sahara and Reiko Shiratori; the latter of which being the protagonists' love interests.
- Mitsuzane battling his addiction with alcohol is similar to Tony Stark from Marvel's Iron Man comics. Both heroes are from wealthy families. However, unlike Stark, whose father introduced him into drinking alcohol, Mitsuzane started drinking in an attempt to forget his past. As both of their respective character development progresses, both immediately sobered, even by means from the assistance of those acquainted to them.