My Only Hope is the eighth chapter of Metroid: Kamen Rider Generations. This chapter revisits of Samus' past from the events ranging from the infant Metroid's sacrifice to her fateful battle against Mother Brain, and is a double tribute to both Super Metroid and Kamen Rider Wizard.
Samus feels intense uneasiness as her body is being overtaken by a supernatural creature, prompting a modern-day magician to take matters into his own hands. Takatora also joins with the magician as they begin to see a series of flashbacks within Samus' mind.
Full Story Edit
to be added
Lesser Enemies Edit
- Masquerade Dopants
- Kamakiri Yummy
Characters featured Edit
New Party Members Edit
New Power Ups Edit
- As Wizard and Zangetsu Shin are the ones emulating Samus' battles against two of her archenemies from Super Metroid, starting with Kraid, Takatora uses his Sonic Arrow on Kraid's eye to allow Haruto, and then Takatora to cut down Kraid into half through the mouth. And the battle against Mother Brain, when Zangetsu Shin is about to fire a diffused version of his Sonic Volley at Mother Brain, a spectral projection of Samus in her suit appears on his side where Samus is about to fire the Hyper Beam at Mother Brain.
- This chapter's title is a reference to the namesake song performed by Mandy Moore.
- How Haruto convinces Samus to move on from her past is similar to him pleading to Inui Takumi to let go of his guilt of Masato Kusaka's death in Heisei Rider vs. Showa Rider: Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai.
- Phoenix being the manifesting Phantom within Samus' Underworld shares something in common with her archenemy, Ridley. Both villains cheat death numerous times; Phoenix will usually resurrect himself numerous times, and given by how many times he revives, the faster his resurrection is, to the point he would resurrect without delay; Ridley, on the other hand, given to his notoriety as the "Cunning God of Death", Ridley resurfaces in different forms.
- Samus is the only non-Kamen Rider character to become a Gate.
- The only event that was not mentioned in this chapter is Adam's death in Other M; but Samus mentions this in the subsequent chapter.