The Rider-Trans Fusion, or simply as the Trans-Fusion is a technique acquired by Samus Aran during her travels in the present time during her mission to meet with the Kamen Riders, it is the advanced version of her Crystal Flash from Super Metroid.
To activate the ability, Samus activates the Crystal Flash with her Power Suit. Originally the Crystal Flash is used as a last-ditch effort to regain Samus' energy at the cost of her weapons' ammo - particularly missiles and Power Bombs. When Samus uses her Crystal Flash on a nearby Kamen Rider, Samus will assimilate herself onto the Kamen Rider - both with her suit along her physical body and consciousness, the latter of which is represented Samus lying nude on her host.
To use the Trans-Fusion ability, a Kamen Rider must chant "Chou Henshin!" (Super Transform) in order for the ability to take effect. Doing so, allows Samus to merge herself with her consciousness (including her Power Suit) onto the host Rider's body whilst the Crystal Flash takes effect. The result of the Trans-Fusion causes the Kamen Rider to be covered in radiant, golden aura; or to an extent similar that of a Super Evolved Roidmude; or in some cases, allows a Kamen Rider to use extra Super Forms, such as Fourze with Nadeshiko Meteor Fusion States or Drive Type Special, while maintaing the golden radiant aura.
While in the Trans-Fusion state, a Kamen Rider is granted invincibility for five minutes, as well as access to abilities that Samus is able to use with her Power Suit such as her Speed Booster, Screw Attack, etc.
Maintaining Trans-Fusion mode, as stated above is limited for five minutes, as it puts a strain on the host body that Samus trans-fuses with, as shown with Takatora being left immobilized after going Rider Flash mode. This is likely due to the fact as Samus is also infused with Metroid DNA, as Metroids are capable of feeding life energy of their prey. Only those who possess sheer force of will can prolong this ability, namely Mitsuzane and Tsukasa by extension without succumbing to the life-draining effects of the ability, as presented with the host body's eye color changing that into Samus's and the metallic yellow veins rooting on the face, similar to Samus whenever she is in Hypermode.
List of Kamen Riders compatible with the Trans-Fusion/Rider Flash Edit
- Kamen Rider Decade - When Trans-Fusing with Decade in Complete Form, the nine Heisei Riders Cards in their default forms will be replaced with their Final Kamen Ride Cards - with Kuuga retaining Ultimate and Den-O Liner Form; resulting in Decade's Ultimate Complete Form.
- Kamen Rider Double - if Samus trans-fuses with Double, it splits the halves independently to Kamen Riders Cyclone and Joker; with the body uses Cyclone, and the soul uses Joker. With the Double Driver now being replaced with the Lost Drivers on the two.
- Kamen Rider Fourze - regardless of the States used, Fourze will immediately transform into Nadeshiko Meteor Fusion States.
- Kamen Rider Wizard - when in Infinity Style, it immediately transforms Wizard into Infinity Dragon.
- Mitsuzane Kureshima
- As Armored Rider Ryugen - when used on Ryugen, it allows him to use Samus' Shinespark. Once he activates the Sparking function on his Sengoku Driver, the Budou Ryuhou will instead fire a large purple beam similar to that of the Hyper Beam from Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. If Samus trans-fuses her body's ability parameter to Ryugen alone, Ryugen will still use any of Samus' well known abilities aforementioned above, but he is still able to do in his free will.
- As New Generation Rider Zangetsu Shin Melon Energy Arms - if Samus merges with Mitsuzane as New Generation Zangetsu Shin, in both Power Suit, physical body and soul; Mitsuzane inherits most of the properties of Samus's Power Suit as with Takatora as Zangetsu Shin, Mitsuzane will move faster than usual similar to Clock Up, and is able to deliver lightning-fast slashes in this state. On a side note, Mitsuzane will grunt in a similar way his brother does in this state, which is a reminscent when he first became Zangetsu Shin masquerading himself to be Takatora on Kouta. As Zangetsu Shin, Mitsuzane is able to withstand the life-draining strain of the Trans-Fusion due to sheer force of will. In some instances, while Trans-Fusion takes effect, it causes Mitsuzane to gain heterochromia, causing him to gain Samus's sapphire-tinted iris on the right eye, while the said part of the eye immediately bleed subsequently. And, should Samus takes over Mitsuzane's body as Zangetsu Shin, Mitsuzane gains BOTH colors of Samus's eyes.
- Takatora Kureshima
- As Armored Rider Zangetsu - when trans-fused, Takatora is immediately transformed into Zangetsu Shin, and his Genesis Driver and Melon Energy Lockseed overlaps his Sengoku Driver. Sometimes, Takatora has to change his Sengoku Driver to the Genesis Driver. In this state, Zangetsu Shin retains the Melon Defender.
- As New Generation Rider Zangetsu Shin Melon Energy Arms - If Samus' soul is trans-fused, she can control Takatora's body, and can expand her super-athlete abilities even further onto Zangetsu Shin. Sometimes, an astral projection of Samus (either in her Power Suit or suitless Zero Suit) will appear on Zangetsu Shin's side mirroring his every move, once he starts delivering a Sonic Volley, Samus will appear in her Power Suit aiming at the foe as Zangetsu Shin does. If Samus' body is trans-fused, Zangetsu Shin can gain access to any of Samus' in-suit abilities like her Speed Booster.
- Kamen Rider Drive
- If Drive uses any Type Changes except for Type Tridoron, he automatically transforms into Drive Type Special, a form exclusive from the movie, Kamen Rider Drive: Surprise Future.
- Using this ability with Kamen Rider Drive in Type Tridoron is also a special case, Drive access to two types of finishing attacks as it follows. It should be noted that Samus cannot take control of Shinnosuke's body if he is in Type Tridoron.
- When Drive fires the Trailer Big Impact, not only reverting him to the Type Change Shift Car inserted on the Trailer-Hou, Samus's consciousness will absorb the Shift Tridoron, thus transforming her into Drive Type Tridoron upon firing. In order for Samus to get out of Type Tridoron's transformation, Shinnosuke must cancel his transformation immediately.
- When Drive activates all seven Tire Combinations, resulting Type Tridoron's Shift Tire to glow white; resulting in Drive's power increase to a million fold. It is the same method how Drive and the Heart Roidmude destroyed the Sigma Circular.
- Kamen Rider Mach - when in his default form, Mach will immediately transform into Kamen Rider Chaser Mach; a form being the amalgamation of Kamen Riders Mach and Chaser.
- The ability is somewhat a homage to that of the baby Metroid when it restored Samus' energy during the climatic battle against Mother Brain in Super Metroid. Given the fact that Samus was also infused with the baby's DNA after coming contact with the X Parasite, she was also able to infuse herself into any of the Kamen Riders, granting them the ability perimeter of her Power Suit and invincibility for more than a minute.
- The way Samus's suit shedding itself before revealing her body when Trans-Fusion is initiated is similar to her Game Over animations from Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion.
- "Chou Henshin!" is also Kamen Rider Kuuga's chant whenever he has to change forms.
- This ability is inspired from the Biomerge Digivolution from Digimon Tamers.
- The energy emitted on a Trans-Fused Kamen Rider is similar to the energy emitted in a Super Saiyan transformation in the Dragon Ball Z meta-series.
- This ability is also inspired from Kamen Rider Battride War II when a Kamen Rider transitions from Final Form to Ultimate Form, such as Kamen Rider OOO from Putotyra Combo to Super Tatoba Combo.