Samus circa Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
|Species||Human (also infused with Chozo and Metroid DNA)|
|Homeworld||K-2L (cosmic year), Earth (present day 2016)|
|Born||Cosmic year - 2000|
|Parents|| Rodney Aran (father)|
Virginia Aran (mother)
|Gunship||Samus' Gunship, G.F.S. Ragnarok|
|Main Weapon||Missile Launcher, Power Beam, Bombs, various Kamen Rider weapons|
|Alt Form||Morph Ball|
|Eyes||Blue with a slight green.|
|Affiliation||Galactic Federation (former), Kureshima family, Kamen Riders, Third Yggdrasil|
|Voice Actor|| Ai Kobayashi (Other M)|
Chisato Morishita (Zero Mission commercial, Metroid: Kamen Rider Generations)
Samus' personality in Metroid: Kamen Rider Generations remains the same as she was in the previous Metroid installments. Likewise, she retains her Byronic hero archetype of character that she was in the previous games. Upon arriving in the present time where she is given the mission to meet with the Kamen Riders, she had a tendency to doubt herself being a time-travelling intruder knowing the fact other Kamen Riders would be hostile towards her. It is the personality flaw that Tsukasa Kadoya would take advantage by warning other Riders that Samus is an enemy from the future. Like most heroes and other Kamen Riders do, Samus maintains a sense of justice and refuses to overlook any form of evil that roam in the universe. Samus also appears to be stubborn and edgy, only focusing much on her mission at first; another personality flaw also exploited by Souji Tendou during their first encounter, this was later averted when she was chastised by Takatora after she was defeated by Kamen Rider Faiz.
She also seems to have a bit of a temper when pressured, as shown when through her encounters with Kamen Rider Decade. Not only he is able to outmatch her, he can exploit her weaknesses by using the powers of Faiz, Kabuto, Kiva, Wizard, and Drive against her. As usual, she prefers to be alone in her missions, until such time she is adopted by Takatora and Mitsuzane Kureshima to their home out of persistence and admiration; whom she considered them her family - Takatora having an uncanny resemblance to her CO, Adam Malkovich, while Mitsuzane being a younger brother of sorts. It is her understanding of Mitsuzane's woes that made Samus to be more warm and welcoming into the present-day world, which also leads to her having mutual feelings towards him. She and Mitsuzane share intimacy in some occasions, thus both of them have a healthy and mature relationship. Throughout the crossover fic, Samus becomes used to the idea of having teammates throughout her quests in the present time, to the point Mitsuzane accompanies her most of the story.
Over the course of the story, Samus begins to warm up to other Earthlings, as well as other Kamen Riders - as a result of being able connect with other Riders who joined in her quests. She easily adapts herself into the human society of the present-day Earth.
Shinnosuke Tomari, Go Shijima and Takeru Tenkuji are the known Kamen Riders to be easily attracted to Samus. Given to her serious side, Samus can be easily aggravated by conceited and flighty persons such as Tsukasa Kadoya, the Den-Liner's Taros, or even Haruto himself.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
- Chozo-related abilities
- Power Suit materialization
Due to Samus' Power Suit requires superhuman levels of concentration and mental determination to operate efficiently; control of emotions and maintain the Suit's use for long periods of time is deemed important. Ever since coming into the world of the Kamen Riders, Samus can also activate her Power Suit by chanting "Henshin!" (meaning "transform"), especially when accompanied with a Kamen Rider
- Indomitable Will
Samus is also known to possess such tremendous willpower compared to ordinary human beings, her determination is somehow commended by her Kamen Rider allies such as Takeru Tenkuji. That said willpower allows her to activate her Power Suit as it is connected to herself. She refuses to get herself corrupted by villains, one such example during the Phazon skirmish, as Samus was the only one to overcome Dark Samus' Phazon corruption.
- Synchronization (with Mitsuzane Kureshima)
Overtime, as her relationship with Mitsuzane Kureshima progresses, both gain an ability to synchronize their strong feelings to one another. Not only they will experience each other's pain, both can also read onto their thoughts in a similar vein to telepathy; in which Samus is capable of doing so. This ability also causes Mitsuzane's right eye to change into a sapphire-blue color (which is that of Samus's eye color), or a Phazon-blue color.
- Kamen Rider-related abilities
Upon arriving into the world of the Kamen Riders, Samus also gains the adaptability of the environment of the Rider she has met.
- Clock Up vision
After meeting with Souji Tendou (Kamen Rider Kabuto), Samus gains an ability to see not only Worms, but Kabuto when they are in Clock Up, which is supposedly impossible to be sighted by normal humans due to them moving at the near lightspeed.
- Imagin Exorcism
Samus can forcibly pull out the human host of an Imagin that is possessing him/her.
- Rider Cards knowledge
During her encounters with Kamen Rider Decade, Samus also learns of other Kamen Riders through Decade's Rider Cards.
- Heaviness resistance
After being transplanted with Core Driviars onto her Fusion Suit, not only regaining the original appearance of her Suit before being infected by the X, she is also able to withstand Heavy Acceleration caused by Roidmudes without the need of Shift Cars or Signal Bikes.
- Knowledge of Historical figures
- Rider Trans-Fusion
Samus can merge her Power Suit, along with her physical body and soul to a Kamen Rider, providing them extra power boost and invincibility lasting for three to five minutes, plus gaining access to her Power Suit's inherent abilities. However, this puts a strain on the host body, as she is also infused with Metroid DNA.
to be added
to be added
to be added
- "I don't care if you're a passing-by Kamen Rider. Either way, I will put you down!"
- "Remember, your brother has something he doesn't want to lose... And that's you, Mitsuzane."
- "Ever since I took refuge into this world, and my encounters with the Kamen Riders taught me things that holds true... Those who sow the seeds of despair to this world, will have to answer to me."
Kamen Riders' personalitiesEdit
- "Now, count up your sins!"
- "It's... Showtime!"
- "Now, for the finale!"
- "This is my/our stage now!"
- "Let's go for a ride!"
Her character song in the crossover fic is "UNLIMITED DRIVE".
- Samus living in the present time and subsequently adopted by the Kureshima brothers is a callback to Kotaro Minami during Kamen Rider Black RX, where he is taken by a family who gave him a job as a helicopter pilot.
- Similarly, Samus being a humanoid alien who lives with a family of humans is similar to Hajime Aikawa (Kamen Rider Chalice), an Undead from Kamen Rider Blade with a human mother and daughter. However, unlike Hajime, who discovers what it means to become human, Samus is already born human, and is able to be adept into the human society thanks to the brothers who took her in.
- Samus is the only non-Kamen Rider character who can chant "Henshin!" as a means of materializing her Power Suit.
- The Kamen Riders who are party members to Samus follow a pattern in terms of having similarities towards her.
- Agito: Ancient-powered Kamen Rider; the Chozo endowed Samus their blood, along with her Power Suit.
- Knight, Faiz, Blade, Garren, Double (namely Shotaro Hidari), Wizard, & Chaser: Riders with similar personalities.
- Ryugen, in the other hand refers to the hunter's emotional dependency. Samus appears to be this during Metroid: Other M.
- Kabuto is one of the few special cases where that Tendou could be considered as one of the Kamen Rider equivalents to Samus in terms of both their character development and personal backgrounds; both hold a grudge against a race of aliens who took away their parents - Worms and Space Pirates respectively. Although through a certain extent, Tendou would hold back his emotions to certain individuals who are revealed to be Worms (such as Hiyori Kusakabe and Tsurugi Kamishiro) in a similar way Samus came to the decision to take the baby Metroid after destroying all of the Metroids in SR388.
- IXA & Zangetsu: Riders with an authoritarian character. Referencing Samus's upbringing under Adam Malkovich's tutelage. On a side note, Nago himself is also a bounty hunter.
- Fourze: Space-venturing Kamen Rider.
- Mach in a special case parallels to his equal super-atheltic abilities being similar to Samus.
- Drive: Both Samus and Shinnosuke have a mentor whose consciousness were installed on computerizd devices; Adam Malkovich's personality being embedded to Samus's navigation computer, while Krim Steinbelt's consciousness being embedded as the Drive Driver's AI.
- Decade: He loses the powers of his Rider Cards at the start of his series. Similarly, Samus starts her mission without her powerups from where she had left off.